If you publish a post or do something else that breaks one or more of our Ground Rules, we will moderate the offending post from the platform and you will be assessed a “strike” for the violation. Your first strike will result in a warning (with some violations resulting in a permanent ban). Successive strikes will result in escalating penalties, from a temporary freeze (referred to as a “Mute”) on your ability to interact with the Voice community up to and including the termination of your Voice account.
Mute Mode means that your ability to engage in the Voice community will be severely limited. Essentially, your account is placed into a read-only state. You are not able to post, comment, Voice, like, follow or unfollow, and collect or earn Voice Tokens. No previously collected Voice Tokens will be removed from your account, but you will be unable to collect new ones until the Mute has ended.
The penalty progression looks like this:
- Strike one: Warning
- Strike two: 24 hour Mute
- Strike three: 7 day Mute
- Strike four: 30 day Mute
- Strike five: 1 year Mute
- Strike six: Permanent termination of your Voice account
Zero tolerance policy
There are certain categories of violation that fall under a Zero Tolerance policy and will result in immediate termination:
- Sexual exploitation of children
- Direct threats of or calls for violence or real-world harm
- Malicious revelation of intimate or personally identifiable information (doxxing or revenge porn)
- Hacking or manipulating the Voice platform or otherwise creating a security concern.